A recognized pioneer of Interventional Cardiologist in India, Dr. Raghu is known for popularizing trans-radial coronary procedures, chronic total occlusion angioplasties and device closure for ventricular septal defects. He was among the first doctors in India to have performed Interventional Cardiology procedures transradially. He is among the very few in India who can perform procedures like Trans-radial Left Main Stenting, Bifurcation Angioplasty, Chronic Total Occlusion, etc. Dr Raghu is also well-known for conducting an Indo-French Trans-radial Workshop in 2004 to popularize procedures through the Trans-radial Route.
Number of Procedures / Cases Handled
Dr. Raghu is known for delivering quality healthcare in the Cardiology domain. As a renowned Interventional Cardiologist, he has successfully and independently performed more than 30,000 Coronary Angiographies and over 12,500 Coronary Angioplasties through the Trans-radial route in his career till date.
Unique Procedures / Complicated Cases Done
Dr. Raghu, with expertise gained over 15 years of vast experience, has successfully performed innumerable complicated angioplasties and enjoys an exceptional success rate, even in complex angioplasty cases. He also performed multiple Angioplasty Procedures for bypass rejected and post bypass surgery cases.
Skills & Special Interests
Dr Raghu spent his entire career practicing Interventional Cardiology routinely performing almost 98% of the procedures through the trans-radial route for both Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty procedures. His areas of special interests and extensive expertise include:
- Invasive Cardiac Procedures, Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty and Stenting Procedures
- Implantation of Drug Eluting Stent, Rotablation technique and CTO angioplasty
- Percutaneous Balloon Mitral Valvotomy, Atrial and Ventricular Septal Defect Closure and Patent Ductus Arteriosus with Amplatzer Device, Mitral and Pulmonary Valvotomy procedures
- Bifurcation Coronary Lesion, Left Main Coronary Artery Stenting, Complex Coronary Angioplasty procedures, Intravascular Ultrasound procedures, etc.
- Exceptional success rate even in complex Angioplasty cases – 99.5% success rate including complex cases
- Expertise in performing Angioplasty procedures even for Bypass rejected or high-risk Bypass surgery cases
- Adept at performing complex Angioplasties including Left Main, Post Bypass Graft, Bifurcation, Acute MI, Chronic Total Occlusions – both Antegrade and Retrograde, UVUS etc.
- Primary Coronary Angioplasty
- Device Closure for Congenital Heart Diseases ASD, VSD and PDA
- Stenting for Carotid Disease and accredited for erforming Intra Cranial Stent Device usage in Acute Stroke
- Limb Saving Angioplasty – Below Knee Peripheral Vascular Diseasse Angioplasty for Diabetic Foot Gangrene and Stenting
- Acute Stroke Angioplasty (for < 3 hours duration Stroke)
- Renal Denervation Therapy for Resistant Hypertension
- Pacemaker Implantation including Bi-Ventricular Pacing for Heart Failure, ICD for Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Medical management of conditions such as, Refractory Heart Failure, Resistant Hypertension, Syncope, Non responding Angina, Diabetes Complicating CAD
- Rotablation for Complex Calcified Lesions
- Aortic Stent Graft for Aneurysms and Dissection